There are two kinds of people in this world—those who love to be surrounded by people all of the time, whether they are out, home, or on the go, and those who love being alone in their silence, solitude, and bed. Not to say that one person is better than the other, but they are total polar opposites. Some people love human contact, others despise it. And, there are just somethings you totally understand if you’re a “me, myself, and I” person.
1. Being alone means there is absolutely zero judgment at all. Zero. None. Negative none.
2. You can walk around without pants on and not have to worry about a damn thing.
3. You can eat whatever you want, at any time of day, and have no one to tell you otherwise. Ice cream for breakfast? Bring on the damn sprinkles.
4. You have a list of excuses that you run through on a regular basis to get out of plans with people you really don’t want to do—like, your mom needs help moving, your sister needs you to babysit the kids, your super is coming to fix the kitchen sink.
5. Ordering food for one is way cheaper than ordering for two-three and having to figure out how to split the Seamless/Postmates bill.
6. You know vegging out on the couch with your show to binge watch with some wine is way better than having to go to a club and rub up against sweaty and annoying strangers who keep touching you without your permission.
7. There is no pleasure quite like lighting a candle in your bedroom and snuggling under the covers with a good book.
8. Relationships are hard to get into because your personal time is more precious than anything else you can imagine.
9. And, the worst thing you can deal with is dating someone who wants to be with you or see you on an everyday basis. No thank you.
10. You don’t understand why people feel the need to text all day, every day. Having time away from the rest of the world is special.
11. People think that you’re a weirdo or a loner because you’re not always out doing something with other people.
12. But, in reality, you are constantly doing something—just solo.
13. Traveling alone is one of your all-time dreams. And, you have no problem going to a new country all by yourself.
14. You think that people who need to go with someone everywhere (including running errands, or going to the hair salon, or even traveling) are crazy and dependent.
15. People always say you’re the most independent person they’ve ever met.
16. You always people-watch and study body language when you’re out, thinking about their stories and where they come from.
17. You don’t understand why people hate eating by themselves.
18. People never worry about you if they haven’t heard from you in a while because they know you’re always around, just under the radar.
19. The only person you’d ever consider spending your life with is someone who is just as independent as you are because you cannot imagine having to do everything with someone else tied to your side all of the time.
20. You wouldn’t trade your alone time in for anything in the world—except, maybe, a million dollars.