When it comes to kissing, there’s a long held belief by many that women don’t actually need to be very good at to get a guy going…they just need to show up and participate.
The fact is, though, that nothing could be further from the truth. Men have real opinions, wants and desires when it comes to kissing, and are all too ready to end a relationship before it even begins if the woman they’re kissing doesn’t do it for them. In fact, according to Time magazine, 59% of men have reportedly ended a relationship because their partner was a bad kisser.
According to researcher William Kane, author of The Art of Kissing, there are certain elements that make some kissers better than others. After conducting over 100,000 interviews, Cane narrowed down the talents that the best women share when it comes to kissing:
1. You open your mouth a bit wider. Guys don’t tend to like it when women keep their mouths semi-closed or don’t use their tongue enough. According to the interviews, most guys prefer when women open their mouths more, and give wetter kisses with more tongue action.
2. You initiate the kiss. Men might be more aggressive in general, but that doesn’t mean they want to be the aggressor all the time. Many men reported that they like and appreciate when the woman they’re with initiates the kiss and takes control of it.
3. You play a more active role in the kiss. According to many guys, women who tend to let the guy do most of the work are the least desirable. They want women to be more into it and use their tongue more.
4. You start softly and slowly. Guys may like women who take initiative, but that doesn’t mean they want to get kissed by a freight train. Guys like it when women start softly and build up the passion.
5. You nibble a little. It’s not all about the lips and tongue. A majority of men report that it’s a big plus when a woman will playfully or passionately nibble on their lips a little (not too hard – drawing blood is a turn-off!) to change it up while making out.