Without a doubt, coming home for the holidays it’s perfect for some r&r, a nice escape from your daily routine, and spend time with the ones you care about.
However, when your relatives start asking you question after question that becomes a game changer. You just want the questions to end, so you can live your life stress free.
You love your family, but you’re not down for the constant questions about your personal life.
But really, can you not?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have you been going to the gym lately?
- Is there anything new with you?
- How do you like your job so far?
- If you’re still in college: Beware, every single question about college will be asked for you to answer.
- So, what are your plans after graduation?
- How are your grades so far?
- What are your friends like? Tell me about them.
- How’s your love life? Is there anyone that you’re serious with yet?
- Are you sure you want to drink another glass of wine?
- Have you put on some weight lately?
- Do you cook often? Do you enjoy it?
- How many kids do you want?
- When are you going to get promoted?
- How do you like your roommates?
- Do you like where you’re living right now?
- Do you miss home a lot?
- How come you haven’t called me recently?
- Is there anyway you can help me in the kitchen?
- Do you like the people you work with?
- How are you doing financially?
- Are you doing okay on your own?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not at work?
- Have you met any new people you want to tell me about?
- Are you really going to eat ALL of that?
- Is there a reason why you don’t visit much?
- How was traveling home? Did you feel safe?
- Is there anything you’re not telling me and the family?
Everyone’s like “tell me all of the details about your life.”
All you want to do is chill. Period.