We are all drawn to a little bit of trouble. We like the girl who is mysterious. We like the girl who keeps us on our toes. We like the girl, we know we have to compete for. It makes us feel better when and if we win. We like trying to figure things out, like a complicated puzzle and winning, we like knowing we earned the W.
She is the girl who has every eye on her when you walk into a club, and you feel a sense of pride, in knowing she is with you (at least for tonight that is). If anyone of your friends utters unkind words about her reputation, you choose not to believe it. You want to believe you can be the guy to change her. She’s the text messages unanswered that keep your palm sweaty. She’s the kind gesture you have never preformed for another woman. She’s the thoughts that consume you, when you go to bed alone and you hate to admit the real thoughts are who’s bed is she in tonight?
You may like this girl, you may even claim to love her, but what you really love are challenges. We as people sometimes get drawn to what we can’t have. That’s what she is; a prize to be won but remember, she’s in charge of the rules that are ever changing.
And then one day after much over analyzing, turning into this paranoid person you never were before, you cross paths with a different type of girl. She seems to be like a creature created out of a Harry Potter film, she is the unicorn girlfriend, you rub your eyes looking to see if she is real.
- She doesn’t play games. She tells you her intentions from the start and holds true to them.
- You have confidence you aren’t going to lose her. She tells you all these things that not only makes you confident in her, but yourself as well.
- She is honest with you. When you say or do something she may not agree with, she’ll tell you. She doesn’t hide her phone or even have a password on it.
- She comes through with her promises. Everything she says she’ll do she actually does.
- She values your relationships Not only is she trying to make things work with you, but she tries to make a good impression on your friends and family too and they love her.
- She is one of the more stable aspects of your life Nothing about your nights out with the boys drunk can be defined as normal or something stable, as you barely make it out of being arrested. She adds to positivity in your life and stability.
- She doesn’t add stress to your life There aren’t conversations in which you are screaming, any fight is quickly resolved. The stressful aspects of your life, you can tell her about and she’ll make you feel better.
- She may have a bad day but she’s asking about yours She may have an awful boss that takes complete advantage of her kindness but instead of telling you about that, she asks about you.
- She’s never insults you or made you feel bad She lifts you higher and is genuine.
- She is simple She can go with the flow, even when plans change. She can hang with the guys or go to your fancy dinner party at the last minute. She doesn’t have absurd expectations of you, but instead the littlest things make her happy.
- She challenges you to better yourself She doesn’t ever want to change you, but instead sees the potential of what you can be, and encourages you to amount to it.
- She apologizes when she is wrong She isn’t perfect and owns up to her mistakes with an apology and sincere gesture.
- She’s constantly doing things for you She didn’t have to fold your laundry or clean the dishes while you were showering but she does, because doing things for you genuinely makes her happy.
- She doesn’t get jealous She’s confident enough in herself that nobody fazes her. You can talk to whomever you want, and she knows her value and wouldn’t associate herself with anyone who would disrespect that
- She handles herself with poise and grace She isn’t falling all over herself at a bar and you can take her to family events with most pride. She is intelligent and adds to the conversation, which makes you like her even more.
- She likes her independence She isn’t with you 24/7 and doesn’t need to talk to you all the time. She has her own life, a life in which you are a part of but not the whole thing.
- She listens to you You didn’t even remember telling her, the first time you met, your favorite movie and candy, so when she shows up on movie night, with it; you are not surprised, but even more impressed.
- She’s the reason you are smiling on your worst day No matter what you are going through, she’s there for it. When you encounter an obstacle in life, or something horrible happens, and you feel yourself falling to your knees, she’s the first one picking you up. On your best day and worst day, she is the first you want to talk to.
While we all may like the challenging girls, who keep us on our toes; remember it will be the unicorn girlfriend who while be at the alter on your wedding day.
For more work like this, follow our Facebook fan page