We’ve all read the book or seen the movie, and have had our hearts oh so poetically broken by Augustus and Hazel Grace’s love story.
These two are the perfect, most accurate definition ever of what love really is, and these 10 quotes prove just that.
1. “I fell in love like you would fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
2. “Why are you looking at me like that?”
– “Because you’re beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.”
3. “People always get used to beauty, though. I haven’t gotten used to you just yet.”
4. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”
5. “Sometimes people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them.”
– “Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”
6. “I just held her hand and tried to imagine the world without us, and for about one second, I was a good enough person to hope she died, so that she would never have to know that I was going, too.”
7. “You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I can’t tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.”
8. “She is so beautiful. You don’t ever get tired of looking at her. you never worry if she’s smarter than you; you know she is. She’s funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her.”
9. “I’m in love with you. I am. I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed, and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
10. “Maybe ‘okay’ will be our always… Okay?”
If you liked this article, you can find more of KC’s writing on her Facebook Page.