Everyone always seems to be so intimidated by the number 30: they’re upset, or devastated that the number two is no longer in front of their age, but shouldn’t turning 30 be a celebration?
30 is beautiful. It’s the age where we’re still young enough to have lots of energy and have so many new, and exciting things happening in our lives – but it’s also old enough to know better.
To know better than to settle; to know better than to be used; to know better than to make the silly mistakes we made in our teens and early 20’s.
By the time you’re 30, you will:
- Have the ability to know when to say no.
- Be confident enough to wear what you want…
- And date whomever you want.
- Currently have, or have had a really fucking healthy sex life.
- Have a friend who’s like a sister…
- A friend who makes you laugh so hard you pee your pants…
- And a friend who you can ugly cry in front of.
- Have the ability to take a compliment.
- Respect yourself enough to know what you deserve.
- Have enough drinking experience to not end every Saturday night with puke in your purse.
- Have the intelligence to make it to the bathroom if you do need to puke in your purse.
- Know how to quit a job…
- Breakup with a guy…
- And confront a friend without ruining a friendship.
- Have the courage to know when to walk away…
- And the strength to know when to try harder.
- Have a backbone to stand up for something that you really believe in.
- Have a hobby that you’re passionate about that has nothing to do with drinking, shopping, or boys.
- Not resent other women for certain body parts that you like better than your own…
- And realize that you can’t change the width of your hips, the length of your legs, or where your body gains weight.
- Have a sewing kit, some spare batteries, and a black lace bra.
- Know how to find a pair of shoes on sale.
- Have the ability to forgive.
- Have the desire to better yourself a little more every day…
- Even on days when it feels like the universe is working against you.