Out of all the female (and male) characters in the entire series, Hermione is hands down the most badass. No one else would have figured out the riddle of Devil’s Snare, the fact that the basilisk was using the pipes in Hogwarts to get around, that Lupin was really a werewolf, OR how to do all those protection charms when she, Harry, and Ron were finding the Horcruxes and Deathly Hallows. And if that weren’t enough, she said some pretty intelligent things every once and awhile too.
When it comes to Harry Potter, Harry grabs the spotlight… it’s not his fault, I mean he is the “boy who lived” and everything. But for once, could Hermione get some attention, please?
1. "Don’t you tell me what to do, Harry Potter!”
2. "Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."
3. “Actually I’m highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook.”
4. “You-Know-Who’s only been back two months, and we’ve started fighting among ourselves. And the Sorting Hat’s warning was the same — stand together, be united.”
5. “Harry, Voldemort is taking over the Ministry and the newspapers and half the Wizarding world! Don’t let him inside your head too!”
6. “No, I’m not [going to work at the Ministry of Magic], I’m hoping to do some good in the world!”
7. “I’m a mudblood! Mudblood, and proud of it!”
8. “Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!”
9. “I never feel you perform as well in exams if you’re not a bit nervous”
10. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things – friendship and bravery.”
For more of Megan's work, follow her on Facebook