It is intimidating enough to bring your boyfriend home to meet your parents because face it; that is a pretty big step in your relationship. But if having your SO and your 'rents meet is considered a big step, then having him meet your brothers is an entirely. different. story.
1. Whether they intend to or not, they are each going to size each other up. The more discreet the better, but let's be honest, we've all seen guys checking out our asses at the gym: their idea of subtle is not always that great.
2. Luckily for both parties in the situation, they don't have to worry about whether or not they should go with a firm handshake or go straight in for the hug.
3. While you nervously bite your nails and twirly your hair, you watch them converse. It's like Real Housewives but your life has much, much more at stake in this scenario.
4. Your brother is automatically going to want to kick his ass. Because in his mind, you have never seen, touched or had any interaction with a man, and your boyfriend is evidence in the flesh that he may be wrong. (He is, but let him keep thinking what he wants).
5. Your boyfriend is going to do everything he can to convince your brother that he hasn't seen you naked (good luck, dude).
6. Having your boyfriend meet your brother is worse than meeting your dad because your brother is "hip with the times" as some might say. AKA he knows that thanks to Snapchats nudes are ever so easy to send. So you try to avoid all conversation about social media, just to be safe.
7. There is an awkward silence. Your eyes dart from one important guy in your life to the other faster than Taylor Swift sends an emoji-filled dinner invite to her squad's group text.
8. You begin racking your brain to think of something (read ANYTHING) that the two of them have in common. Suddenly, you remember: they both love *insert whatever they both love here* (acceptable fillers: sports, Star Wars, weed, beer, Kendall Jenner, Will Ferrell movies... you get the idea).
9. And thus begins a spark of sorts. They begin communicating with each other as if they could be... you guessed it... bros!
10. You sigh with relief as they converse, but in the back of your mind you know your brother is setting up landmines with every question and remark he makes. With each correct response from your S.O. you feel like you just successfully executed an Apollo 13-esque mission.
11. Somehow, someway your boyfriend survives. It wasn't easy, but it sure was entertaining to see him that nervous.
12. When you're alone with your brother, he makes some remark about how your boyfriend seems "fine." But he doesn't hesitate to mention that if your BF makes one wrong move he is going to hunt him down and kick his ass.
You gotta love your brothers for always looking out for you, even if it does induce some short-term anxiety in your S.O. And you gotta love your S.O. for puffing his chest out and making the best impression he can to impress one of the most important men in your life.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax