Some people never meet their better half. But some of us are lucky.
If you meet yours, you experience a feeling of instant recognition. And over time, they bring out the best in you.
Call yours whatever you want: Your soul mate, your “person," your kindred spirit, your unicorn, your twin flame...The label doesn’t matter.
You know you’ve found yours if:
- Their presence calms you.
- They don’t just help you move forward. They remind you of who you’ve always been.
- You become a blunt person every time you’re with them, even if you aren’t usually.
- Nothing is ever TMI between the two of you.
- When you help them with something, it no longer feels like work.
- They encourage your sick weird sense of humor...
- ...And laugh at all your jokes, even the ones that no one else gets.
- Even the jokes that are so not-funny they become funny.
- You rarely make plans to spend time together, yet you end up hanging out together all the time.
- It doesn’t matter what you do when you hang out. It always feels like time well spent.
- The amount of stuff you have in common almost creeps you out...
- ...If it didn’t make you feel all warm and fuzzy and like you’ve known them since forever.
- You don’t lie to each other because neither of you could get away with it.
- They take your big dreams as seriously as you do. And you encourage theirs.
- Ever since you met them, you cut out more of the bad habits and negative influences in your life.
- When they’re hurt, you feel hurt too; and their happiness makes you happy.
- They're always curious to know more about you, even the things you hesitate to share.
- Phone calls with them are like a glass of wine at the end of the day.
- The confusing parts of life seem clearer after you talk with them.
- It feels as though you’re always discovering uncanny coincidences only shared with them.
- They don’t judge you, and they automatically understand why you made a mistake even before you explain it to them.
- They’re all about tough love in the moments when you need a kick in the a*s to get your sh*t together.
- Even when they see you at your worst, they treat you like you’re the best.
For more from Shannon, follow her on Facebook.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax