Working in a call center has its perks, not gonna lie, I enjoy chilling and just answering phones all day.
Some days you laugh, some days you want to cry, and then some days you laugh so you don't cry. No matter what call center you work for you will find all of this so true.
1. Running through the front door so you can log in on your phone so your not late, even though you won't be taking your first call for another 5 minutes, because we all know those computers are probably older than us and slower than molasses running up hill in the snow on Christmas.
2. You answer your personal phone with the same greeting you do at work. "Thank you for calling...Shit! Hey what's up?"
3. You're super good and putting on a cheerleader voice on the phone just to hit mute and cuss like a sailor. "Yes sir, we appreciate your business." *Mutes phone* "Stupid fucker just hang up already!"
4. "There's no such thing as a dumb question". Whoever coined this phrase is a moron and never worked in a call center.
5. We don't really place people on hold to "gather information" we just want to finish the conversation we started before you called in.
6. We all have spoke to that one person who calls in for help but won't let you tell them what to do.
"Yes sir, all you have to do is..."
"Why are you not helping me?"
"As I was saying sir if you simply..."
"Do you even know what you're doing?"
*Mutes phone* "Well asshole if you would shut up for 2.5 seconds I could assist you!" *Unmutes phone*
7. Getting excited when you notice that f4 disconnect the phone...Oops
8. We have all had the awkward times when we are assisting customers and we hear them peeing then flushing. At least they flushed?
9. When the phone beeps and all we hear is heavy breathing, we pray to the call center gods that it's not a creep.
"Dear God of this phone line let him have just finished running a marathon and not start talking about his dick! Amen!"
10. When you autoin after a break during a busy day and don't get a call automatically. "Did I hit the button? I know I...Thank you for calling..."
11. Nothing described that pang fear of not understanding what the caller is saying even though you know they are speaking English.
12. I believe we have all had those times when we get happy that the call volume is low just to realize we were setting in ACW for the last 10 minutes.
Needless to say working in a call center is a struggle, but most of the times the good out weighs the bad, and we are all in the crazy brother and sisterhood together as one big family