What the heck do you do when you break up with someone? Well, I don’t really know either. Everyone’s different, but we all know that doing something different is the best way to get your mind off your last guy. Here are 53 sure-fire way to change things up and help heal your heart after a break up with your douche-bag ex!
1. Change up your hair.
2. Go for a guy "way out of your league”.
3. Reconnect with an old friend.
4. Scratch everything in your closet you don’t wear regularly.
5. Make up for the purge by thrift shopping a new style.
6. Ship off to a country where you can’t speak the language fluently.
7. Binge-watch an entire series you haven’t seen before.
8. Take yourself to the movies on your own.
9. Start a blog to vent about your feelings (Yes, you can make private blogs that only you can read).
10. Spend a day shopping at Target.
11 Watch The Notebook.
12. Eat an entire tub of ice cream in one sitting (Bonus points for doing this WHILE watching The Notebook).
13. Egg his car.
14. Drive all night.
15. Adopt a dog (or cat. or hamster. or fish).
16. Spend a night out with your bestie.
17. Read a book.
19. Cook dinner for your squad.
20. Go on a diet for a week.
21. Get a mentor to meet with once a week and talk about life.
22 Re-download all those dating apps and swipe to your hearts’ content.
23. Get a makeover.
24. Take some kind of lessons to learn a new skill.
25. Plan a family get-together.
26. Save up and buy a new car.
27. Buy yourself flowers and your favorite chocolates.
28. Go see as many of your favorite artists as you can in concert.
29. Learn to speak a new language
30. Buy a gym membership (and new leggings to go with it).
31. Deep clean your living space.
32. Go sky diving or cliff jumping.
34. Start a new side job or business (or jump into a new job all together!).
35. Go a week limited/cutting out social media or phone use.
36. Write a book.
37. Go on a camping trip.
38. Keep a journal for 30 days and write everything you feel.
39. Center yourself with some yoga.
40. Make amends with a different relationship that ended poorly.
41. Make a life plan
42. Clear out your computer of all the junk files (Come on, we all know we need to do it).
43. Start a new Pinterest board (or ten)!
44. Join a community rec or intramural sports team.
45. Learn to knit.
46. Visit a big city solo.
47. Face your biggest fear head on.
49. Start a regular volunteering gig.
50. Buy a plant and keep it alive.
51. Toss all his crap.
52. Learn to ride a motorcycle or fly a plane.
53. Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure (or both!).
54. Stay single until you meet a guy better than your ex (however long that may be for you)
Now go live and put your break-up behind you! Don't let the douche win at this game--be the strongest one in the breakup. You got this, girl!
Want more of Ali? Like her on Facebook for more great content and to connect with writers behind this piece!