We’re winging motherhood as much as we sometimes struggle to put on our eyeliner. Some days we got our shit together and others, we're trying to clean our kid’s shit off the walls. It’s ok, we are not afraid of being messy. We know how to embrace chaos with tons of pride and a little wine.
1. We tackle the challenges of being a mom, woman, girlfriend, and wife like it’s nobody’s business, literally. We never care about what judgy people assume or say about our not so “perfect” parenting skills or life’s choices.
2. We’re queens of our zero-fucks-given kingdom. We’re unapologetic about the way that we choose to raise our kids and live our life, which is always less focused on being perfect and more on finding the balance and beauty in the imperfect.
3. We’re not the type of mom that tries to make motherhood look easy or flawless. We just celebrate our very best, whatever that might be depending on the day. Today, it might just be that dinner for the family will consist of a box of microwave mac ‘n’ cheese. Let’s feast!
4. We don’t care to admit when our kids are being assholes. Let’s be honest, nine out of ten times it’s partly our fault that they chose to act like the devil’s spawn.
We love them regardless and own up to our fail attempts to make them behave well. We breathe, count to ten and hope that any future tantrum is less embarrassing than the last. Xanax, anyone?
5. We might complain, scream and curse a lot at times, but all in good fun. We have to encourage our spurts of crazy and also give space for our antics to run wild for a while in order to survive at being moms. After all, being beautifully imperfect is the necessary evil of all unicorn moms.
6. We have our priorities straight and on top of the list is always loving our kids to death. Our unconditional love makes us relentless about our ability to protect them and care for them. It’s not always an easy task but for a unicorn mom, the key to winning at being a mom is to show them by example how life is always best when you have a sense of humor, embrace your flaws and love yourself and others with a big heart.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax