Depression hits when you least expect it. It's not something you get used to or can prepare for. It's definitely not something you can control.
But you can make it easier…
Adopting a Furever Friend can help you with your depression in so many ways.
1. Sometimes when depression hits, you don't want to get out of bed in the morning and feel like sleeping away your problems.
Your Furever Friend will be the motivation you need to get up and fight. It's not a choice to stay in bed because that animal is depending on you to take care of it.
2. Having that Furever Friend depend on you gives your life a purpose… When you hit your all time low and think that there is no reason for you to be here, you look down and see your Furever Friend waiting on you to make its life complete by feeding it, or scratching its belly.
You realize that you make this pet so incredibly happy and would you really want to cause something so cute so much pain by taking yourself out of its life? The answer is no.
3. You know when you begin crying and all you want is company but don't know who to call that will just sit with you and not speak? Yeah well, Furever Friends can't talk but will always be super attentive to your emotions. Maybe they'll even lick away your tears.
4. Occasionally your depression hits and you just need to talk or vent about something. You know it may not make sense but you need to talk about that incident 10 years ago that still makes you cry every time you think of it.
Well, your Furever Friend isn’t going to judge you. They will sit with you and listen to whatever you are talking about, as long as you pet them at the same time.
5. Cuddles. I don’t really need to say anything else but I feel like I should explain myself here...
Sometimes when you’re feeling down you need some kind of attention to help yourself feel better. You can’t force someone to want to be in the mood to cuddle with you and waste away their day. But have you ever needed to force your Furever Friend in snuggling up with you? ...I didn’t think so.
6. Last, but by no means least, depression can leave you feeling alone. It’s like having someone whisper bad things in your ear until you begin to believe them and normally it’s about how alone and unloved you are.
But how can you begin to feel alone or unloved when your Furever Friend is constantly there reminding you of how much they enjoy being around you and how much they love you?
Now, I know that you are probably thinking that I’m just rambling on here, but I’m not. I have depression and I can honestly tell you that my Furever Friend has saved me from falling when I normally would’ve. She has helped me pick myself up in a way that I didn’t know was possible.
So, trust me. Adopt a Furever Friend and fight your depression.