Sometimes all we need is a few wise words from our Dad to get us through the day. In the moment we’ll roll our eyes and look at him like ‘you’re so corny,’ but at the end of the day, those are the words we hold close to our hearts. When life gets tough, he’s the first one we run to and always knows exactly what we need to hear. And truthfully, sometimes we forget to cherish our dad and tell him we love him. So never forget to give your dad a big hug after he says some of these adorably sweet things because we’d all truly be lost without ‘dad-isms’ in our lives.
1. Nothing good happens after 2 am.
2. Always keep your gas tank at 1/2 a tank AT LEAST.
3. Pack a coat or sweatshirt wherever you go. You never know what the weather will do.
4. Don't spend too much time worrying about what others think.
5. You usually don't have to read between the lines with what men say. They aren't that complicated.
6. You do, however, need to spell things out for men. Quite often.
7. Seriously, even if it seems obvious. Clue them in.
8. Never compromise your morals to impress a boy.
9. Start a savings account, and start it early.
10. Never be afraid to ask for help.
11. Don't allow money to be your gauge of success.
12. Find a career that makes you happy.
13. As long as you're making ends meet, you're doing just fine.
14. Don't allow yourself to get too far into debt. It'll trap you.
15. Always make family a top priority. They are your biggest support system.
16. Don't be afraid to try new things.
17. Don't be in a hurry to grow up.You're not missing anything. Enjoy being young.
18. Try not to worry about things you can't control.
19. No matter how far you climb, never feel like you're better than anyone. And, never let anyone make you feel inferior.
20. Treat everyone with respect, no matter their title.
21. Always give people the benefit of the doubt. You don't know what they might be going through.
22. Quality is much more important than quantity, with life and relationships.
23. If your friends would enjoy seeing you fail or mess up, they aren't your friends.
24. Choose your battles with people wisely.
25. Never allow your desire for instant gratification come before your long-term goals and desires.
26. Learn as much as you can.
27. Surround yourself with people that challenge you, and make you want to be better.
28. Know that you'll lose friends along the way, and it won't be your fault. It's just part of growing up.
29. Be very careful when buying a car. You may think you're getting a deal at first glance, but don't be afraid to ask questions and make a fuss.
30. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
31. Never stay quiet on issues that are important to you.
32. Say "please" and "thank you", and be courteous to others even if they aren't to you.
33. Appreciate the importance of a budget. It'll keep you on track.
34. Never stop working hard and fighting for what you want.
35. Marry your best friend. Life will be much easier that way.
36. Marriage gets hard. But, don't forget that you two are on the same team. That's more important than being right.
37. The world is a scary place, but never let it change your loving heart.
38. Even though the news is mostly the bad stuff, never lose faith in humanity. There are heroes around every corner fighting the evil.
39. With all big life choices, you're not gonna feel like you know what you're doing.
40. You never feel ready. You just take the leap and hope that you learn as you go.
41. Forgive people.
42. Forgive yourself.
43. You don't have to be the best at everything, but you do need to try your best at anything you do.
44. Always carry some cash on you in case of emergency.
45. Always have a backup plan. Life is unpredictable.
46. At the end of your life, you won't wish you worked more. Never take your loved ones for granted because they are what truly matters.
For more like this, check out our Facebook Page!