Us old souls are special types of people. We are a breath of fresh air amongst these hyper, technology drive people we're surrounded by.
Give us a good book and a cup of tea and you'll find us outside on the porch rocking chair.
1. You open up a book or newspaper and the first thing you do is smell it.
2. Phones mainly are used to check your email and read online articles.
3. All your fashion icons are from a different decade, but when you copy their style you just look vintage chic.
4. You can name more movies from the decade you were born then our current decade.
5. You are the go-to-advice-giver of your friend group.
6. Memes from favorites 90's sitcoms or iconic Old Hollywood films are your life.
7. You have ALWAYS wanted to go to a drive-in movie theater.
8. You prefer classic cars to modern cars by far.
9. You could listen to your grandparents' stories for hours.
10. It takes you a little bit longer to adjust to an iPhone update than it does most people your age.
11. You're a big fan of chivalry, but sometimes you think "Hm, maybe I should open the door for him sometimes cause... feminism."
12. Even though you're incredibly awkward while it's happening, you love meeting new people and having casual conversations with neighbors and people in line at coffee.
13. People tell you your vibe is "vintage, but fresh" or "classic, but modern" or some other contradictory words.
14. You love Saturday Night Live, but you have trouble staying awake for it.
15. You criticize the poor special effects in old horror movies, but also love that you can watch with them without being scared.
16. You own a pair of loafers.
17. You don't get upset when your favorite films are the subject of modern reboots. You always wondered what modern versions would look like.
18. You have an actual alarm clock that wakes you up. You don't use your phone.
19. You know who Blair, Tootie, Natalie, and Jo are.
20. You tend to date older people because your interests align better.
21. You like to be alone, even if your texting in bed or watching Scandal.
22. You like to be in nature: hiking a mountain, going to the beach, playing in the snow. You love it all.
23. You wish print newspapers would have a revival, but then you think about all the trees that would have to be killed, and decide online is better.
24. Your favorite actor/actress is over 40.
25. You've been told you're mature for your age, but no one has ever said it to you after you've had a couple shots of tequila.
26. You tell dad jokes.
27. You've ordered wine at a club before.
28. For Christmas, you ask for practical items.
29. You read a lot, but sometimes they are simply celebrity autobiographies.
30. You own house slippers.
31. Sometimes you see people your age acting ridiculous in public, and you feel so detached from humans your age.
32. You think your mom's friends are kinda cool, right?
33. You are consistently impressed with new apps.
34. You excelled in History class.
35. You think a kiss on the hand is romantic and not creepy.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax