We live in a mean world. We are living in a world where it has become common to attack others for their beliefs. Especially in recent years, it just seems that everywhere you look there's an excess of negativity.
In a world where you can do, say and be anything, here are 25 reminders to be kind. Because in the end, kindness will always win.
1. "Be an example... show kindness to unkind people. Forgive people who don't deserve it. Love unconditionally. Your actions always reflect who you are."
2. "Throw kindness around like it's confetti." - Unknown
3. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." - The Dalai Lama
4. "It's okay to be angry. It's never okay to be cruel."
5. "My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness." - Maya Angelou
6. "Work hard and be kind. That is all." - Unknown
7. "Unexpected kindness is the most powerful and least costly way to make someone's day." - Unknown
8. "In the end, all that will matter is who you became and how many you helped." - Robin Sharma
9. "To be human is to have an inherent responsibility to be humane. Kindness is nearly the only thing separating us from the wild animals." - Kat Savage
10. "Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy." - Thomas Merton
11. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
12. "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
13. "Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people." - Karen Salmansohn
14. "We rise by lifting others." - Robert Ingersoll
15. "It's easy to hate. It takes strength to be kind." - Unknown
16. "Everywhere you go, leave a trail of kindness behind you." - Unknown
17. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about." - Ian MacLaren
18. "You do not need a reason to help people." - Unknown
19. "Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart instead of a piece of our mind." - Unknown
20. "Do all things with kindness." - The Bible
21. "Be silly. Be honest. Be kind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. "Be kind to everyone...including yourself." - Unknown
23. "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
24. "Kindness. It doesn't cost a damn thing. Sprinkle that shit everywhere." - Unknown
25. "To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care." - Mandy Hale
For more of Mary's writing, follow her on Facebook.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax