It's hard to act like everything is okay when my heart is broken from losing a person who used to be an integral part of my life.
1. You stopped putting in even the tiniest bit of effort.
When you stopped trying, it made it easier for me to see how little our friendship was worth it to you.
2. You treated me like I was nothing to you.
You were supposed to be there for me, not put me down but I guess that was too much to ask.
3. You used me as a backup friend (and didn't even have the decency to be subtle about it.)
You only wanted me around if your "better" friends ditched you. That hurt and I hate to admit it, but it still does.
4. You just stopped talking to me one day.
You kept coming up with excuses for why we couldn't talk, which only made it easier for me to say goodbye.
5. But I found out you were still talking behind my back.
Word on the street was that we weren't really friends at all anymore... It would have been nice to hear that from you.
6. You seemed to forget about our friendship.
Every time I tried to make an effort, you acted like you had no idea who I was.
7. You got so selfish.
Everything suddenly became all about you; if you didn't like an idea or didn't want to do it, you wouldn't. Because who cared if I wanted to, right?
8. You refused to compromise.
To keep any relationship alive, you have to compromise; once one person stops doing that you're left with a hollow, one-sided friendship.
9. You blew up at me for the littlest things.
Somehow stupid little things became a huge deal to you. I never knew what would set you off next.
10. You turned into a total hypocrite.
One of your biggest pet peeves became one of your defining characteristics.
11. You let boys come between us.
Don't even get me started here...
12. You stopped appreciating me.
I was just someone you could count on in a pinch, which was convenient for you but terrible for me.
13. You lied to me all the time.
You weren't honest with me anymore and there's no way to maintain a friendship without honesty.
14. You blew me off for no reason.
It broke my heart to make plans with you only to find out that apparently, I was the only one who intended on keeping them.
15. You made me feel bad about things that weren't my fault.
You expected me to drop everything at a moment's notice just to please you, it wasn't fair.
16. You stopped making time to hang out with me.
You lost all interest in trying to be my friend, which meant hanging out became a thing of the past.
17. You flat out gave up on our friendship.
The fact is, once you decided you were done with me you closed yourself off and there's not a thing I could have done to change that.
It really hurts to accept these facts and know that despite how close we were once, I can't even confide in you anymore.
But I'm glad I'm being honest because that's what real friends do.