Travel. Oh, sweet, sweet travel. Well, by that I mean nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing, gut-wrenching travel.
Okay, traveling freaks me out, like, REALLY bad. There's probably about a million and one reasons for this, but here's 17 of the best:
1. Airplanes kind of freak me out.
2. What the heck do I do in another country when all I can say in their language is “where’s the bathroom?”
3. If I lose my luggage, I’m screwed.
4. I’m basically pulling out a second mortgage on my life to afford this stuff.
5. My mom’s not gonna be there to hold my hand.
7. Have you seen Taken?
8. I could fall in love with some hot French guy and have to leave him to come back home. Sad face.
9. OH MY GOD I COULD LOSE MY PASSPORT.
10. I could very well run out of money.
11. Figuring out international currency will be a train wreck.
12. I could end up like Tom Hanks in The Terminal (Hey, you never know with Trump).
13. Most countries drive on the wrong side of the road. What. The. Heck.
14. How can I call my mom when I’m nervous?
15. I’ve probably picked the most shoddy, unreliable airline on the planet and there’s no backing out now.
16. With my luck, everyone across the sea will hate me because I’m American.
17. The scariest: I’ll probably love it so much I’ll want to do it over and over again.
Want more of Ali? Like her on Facebook for more great content and to connect with the writer behind this piece!