Christmas is right around the corner and sometimes it is hard to get out of our winter funk and truly enjoy the holiday. When we’re feelin’ a little extra Scroogy, what we really just need is a christmas movie and a tall mug of hot chocolate to put us in the spirit. So if you need a reminder of the meaning of Christmas, these classic Christmas movie quotes are guaranteed to make your heart smile.
1. “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone around about them: and they were sore afraid.” A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” It’s A Wonderful Life
3. “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” How the Grinch Stole Christmas
4. “And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’” A Charlie Brown Christmas
5. “Will you please tell the real Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.” Home Alone
6. “Some people are worth melting for.” Frozen
7. “There is no greater gift than friendship.” Polar Express
8. “Christmas isn’t just a day. It’s a frame of mind.” Miracle on 34th Street
9. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing along for all to hear.” Elf
10. “You see it was a special kind of snow. A snow that made the happy happier and the giddy even giddier. A snow that makes a homecoming homier, and natural enemies, friends, natural. For it was the first snow of the season. And as any child can tell you, there’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow, especially when it falls on the day before Christmas." Frosty the Snowman
11. “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing.” The Santa Clause
12. “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host, praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”A Charlie Brown Christmas
13. "For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow…Well, something wonderful is bound to happen.” Frosty the Snowman
For more of Mary's writing, follow her on Facebook!