Everybody is always talking about how age is just a number, and oh how accurate they are. I may be 20 years old (technically) but with each and every day I feel like I am a different age. Most days I am striving to come across like I’m 26 years old, but half of the time I am acting like an eight year old...
- I will choose sparkling grape juice over actual wine almost any day of the week.
- I am still afraid of the dark…
- …That being said, I really can’t go anywhere by myself past 8 pm, meaning I sometimes require my best friend (read: unpaid babysitter) to go places with me.
- I may be a junior in college, but I still ask professors if we can have class outside when the weather is nice.
- I still send and receive chain text messages (you know, the “if you send this to 15 people your crush will kiss you at midnight,” kind of texts?)
- I have napping down to a science.
- I frequent Nickelodeon and Disney channel quite often.
- The girl I nanny is always dumbfounded that I am the one getting paid to watch her.
- I still ask my parents for their permission when it comes to just about everything and anything I do with my life.
- I can never seem to wrap my head around how whales get put into their tanks at aquariums.
The other half of the time I feel like I am an 80 year old...
- I don’t like parties where the music is too loud…
- … I actually don’t like any location that has music that is too loud.
- I get overly frustrated by all the youths in my town and the shenanigans that they are constantly pulling.
- I’ve considered purchasing a “Life Alert” necklace one or two times in my life.
- Walking up a flight of stairs has me straight up winded.
- I know my social security number by heart.
- Some of my favorite people are in their 60’s or 70’s.
- I have a record player that is not used in the ironic-vintage-hipster manner.
- I own a few pairs of shoes strictly for their comfort, not their style.
- I’ve had my 401 K plan set up since I was a sophomore in high school.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax