When that douchelord you called a boyfriend dumped you, you were probably devastated. And rightfully so because, the way he did it? Not cool.
But what’s worse than him leaving you is – you’re probably telling yourself a lot of things that aren’t true.
1. He broke up with you because you did something wrong or you weren’t good enough.
No he didn’t. He broke up with you because he’s an asshole.
2. If you just give him the space he says he needs, he’ll come back to you when he’s ready.
And, if he does, he’s just going to pull another 180 and dump you over something dumb later on.
3. You have to change absolutely everything about yourself if you ever hope to attract another boy ever again.
You are beautiful and wonderful and goddamn fabulous and he is trash.
4. He was perfect, he was the one, he was supposed to be the person you spent the rest of your life with.
If you keep telling yourself that lie, you’ll never be able to think anyone else is perfect again, and where does that leave you?
5. No one will ever love you the way he did.
Considering the way he dumped you, did he ever love you to begin with?
6. Alternately: there’s no possible way you can love again!
You are perfectly capable of slapping a bandaid on that bruised little heart of yours and keeping it safe for someone that’s actually worth it.
7. You absolutely have to give back everything he ever gave you because it’s the right thing to do.
A. He doesn’t want them. Promise.
B. Um, no girl, that hoodie is yours now.
8. None of your friends are going to like you anymore because he was your better half.
Chances are, your friends are probably throwing a secret party about how happy they are that he’s gone.
9. You’re never going to be able to listen to that song or watch that movie or eat at that restaurant without thinking of him.
Yes you will, because bad memories fade, but pizza is forever.
10. Giving up on love is the only option you have left.
Maybe just give up on dating douchelords, perhaps?
11. You absolutely have to salvage friendship because, at the end of the day, his friendship is what really matters to you.
False. Let him fade out of your life. Friends don’t treat friends the way he treated you.
There’s a reason we’re calling him a douchelord and not simply your ex.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax