There’s nothing like the feeling when you press that reset button on yourself and everything you know. Too often, though, we fall back into old habits because we never really escaped our old demons. Let go the parts of yourself holding you back. Don’t repeat when you can refresh.
- Loosen your grip on all the things in your life that no longer serve their purpose anymore. Hold on tighter to all the things that have a future.
- Let go of your tendency to compare yourself to other people. Their lives wouldn’t fit you anyway. The only one you’re racing against is yourself.
- Let go of the pessimist in you that says your dreams are unrealistic. They might be, but you’ll never know unless you try.
- Let go of the boredom that has slowed you down. Let yourself be drawn closer to that which makes you feel alive and driven.
- Let go of the people who brought out the worst in you. Let go of the part of yourself that they tainted. Hold on to the part of yourself that knows you’re better off without them around.
- Let go of the lies you tell yourself when something just isn’t adding up. Let your mind bravely confront the worst case scenario and the best case scenario. Embrace the truth that your intuition is telling you.
- Let go of the phone in your hand that you check every twenty seconds. Place it with the screen face down. Let go of all the minutes in the past year you wasted checking for updates when there weren’t any. Get up and seek something exciting beyond that little screen, instead of waiting for news from the outside.
- Let go of the critic inside you that prevents you from celebrating yourself. Everytime you take a step forward, you need to pat yourself on the back to push yourself farther ahead.
- Let go of the thoughts you have about where everything went wrong. Hold on to the memories of those moments where everything fell into place.
- Let go of the guilt for mistakes you can no longer fix. Don’t let your old demons make your new life toxic. Find a way to dance with your demons and make some magic out of your darkness instead.
- Let go of your petty hang-ups with the people that mean the most to you. Hold on tight to these people. Don’t let go even if they try to push you away, because they need you just as much as you need them.
- Let go of the self you’re not proud of. That person doesn’t have to be your future. The real you is what’s left after all the bad luck and mistakes. Embrace what you are in the present, and everything you will become into the new year and beyond.
For more of Shannon's work, follow her on Facebook.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax