Busy-bodies: to clarify how important the hyphen in this phrase is, busy-bodies are not the same as a busybody, which is a person who loves meddlign. Busy-bodies are a rare breed of people who actually don’t like to have down time. We love a nice, relaxing night like the rest of you, but only when we seriously have to allow ourselves chill out time in order to avoid a heart attack (because we cannot imagine spending that much recovery time in a hospital bed/out of work.) In the meantime, while we are out doing our thing, you should read a few things about us that will give you a better idea of how busy bodies operate…
- If we aren’t doing something, then we start to get super antsy. It’s not because we have no idea how to enjoy free time, but it is that we feel like free time is associated with wasted opportunities to do things that we know we are capable of accomplishing.
- For example, if we are given a few hours of free time, instead of binging on Netflix, we will try to hit the gym, take a shower, clean our room and do our laundry.
- We love to work. Even though we may not love our job, we are all about working hard. The way we see it, so long as we are there we might as well kick ass and take names.
- Our bosses love us, because we are always willing to do the odd jobs while we have spare time. Our bosses also hate us, because we are constantly working overtime.
- This diligent way of life was instilled within us at an early age. Some of us displayed it by assigning homework to ourselves, while others demonstrated it by practicing a sport, instrument, or other passion for hours on end.
- We are not all perfectionists (some of us certainly are) but we are certainly striving to have quality associated with everything and anything that has our name on it.
- We are always tired, making caffeine and power naps our best friends (we prefer caffeine to naps as it is a more beneficial use of time.)
- Our mantra is “you have as many hours in a day as Beyoncé does.”
- That being said, Beyoncé is the spiritual leader for the church of busy bodies.
- We literally keep our bodies busy by walking, running and exercising all the time. Even when we are sitting we do those silly sit-down exercises where you have to write out the alphabet with our ankles.
- We should never do cocaine because we are already incredibly energetic and intense to start out with.
- We like to keep our minds just as busy as we keep our bodies… meaning we are constantly thinking about stuff and grinding the gears in our head.
- You would think that with such efficiency and stellar time-management that we would end up having more free time than the average individual, but the work of a busy body is never done.
- We do enjoy some down time every now and then, but it can only last for so long. It’s like we have restless leg syndrome, but instead it’s more like restless body and mind syndrome.
- Yes, eventually, we are going to burn out and force ourselves to relax for a little bit… but until that day comes, we will continue to get shit done.
- When we do have our lazy days, we appreciate them for what they are, but we know they are not what we want our lifestyle to succumb to. (Aka we are not going to wear sweatpants for more than a day at a time.)
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax