Hard workers know what it means to put in a lot of time and effort to get a job done. You give it your all, but sometimes you get pretty lazy. You want to get so many things done and accomplish all of your goals, but netflix and naps are much more enjoyable.
Here are a few things that only lazy hard workers understand:
1. You’ve got a ton of new projects that you want to start, but you don’t know where to begin.
After you wrote down every new idea you could possibly think of, you stop and lay down. That required a lot of effort. So you’ll get around to those projects...eventually. And when you do, you’re going into overdrive. But right now, you need to recharge.
2. You manage to do quality work and get amazing grades, even when you do things last minute.
Lazy hard workers love to procrastinate. You work well under pressure, so you take it easy for as long as you’re given to complete a task. And then when you only have a little bit of time left to it done, you go into overdrive and work like crazy. And it turns out perfect.
3. As badly as you want to finish your assignment, napping is so much more appealing right now.
You know exactly what you need to do. You’ve mapped and outlined everything, so now it’s time for a nap. You like to give yourself little rewards for doing menial tasks. And when you get around to it, you get your assignment done without a problem.
4. You plan out your work schedule, then fall asleep.
All of that effort requires napping to prepare yourself for the next round of work. Lazy hard workers will even stay in bed while doing their work. You are literally being lazy in bed and working at the same time.
5. Coffee and redbulls are you best friends.
You’re either getting everything done the last minute, or you’re on a roll and you can work through the night. You don’t want to stop working, so you force yourself to stay awake. During the late hours of the night into the early morning, you’re powering through your work.
6. You’re an expert at multitasking--up to a point.
It’s easy for you to manage several tasks at once. You want to prove to your boss that you can work hard, up until you start to hate the work. Then you start to multitask in a different way, i.e. texting 5 friends while online shopping while editing Instagram photos. At least you’re still being somewhat productive…
7. Sometimes your work doesn’t require any effort, so you goof off for the rest of the day.
You can truck through your work, and get so close to the finish, so you take a break. That 10 minute break turns into a lunch break, turns into a nap, turns into wasting the rest of the day. Oops.
8. You experience extreme productivity kicks, then switch to utter laziness.
You’re either going hard, or hardly going at all. But it’s all good, because you found that perfect balance between hard work and relaxation.