You’re not a hipster, but you’re not the complete PSL, Ugg loving basic either. You’re this left of center, not mainstream, a cluster-f**k of a human and it's utterly fantastic. So here’s a list for of your hipster-y tendencies. Because everyone knows the best type of person is a good mixture of things.
- You like plaid, but only wear it as a belt over your Walmart brand leggings. Affordable, yet so cool.
- Even though the bands you listen to now were probably once “oh-so Top 40” back in the day, listening to them now makes them indie AF.
- Wearing a soccer jersey because you only know one player on the team is completely justifiable to you. Even if you only know that one player because they’re dating Shakira.
- You’ve lived all around the world and you are happy to let everyone know. Even if it was only because you went abroad in high school or college, you totally lived in Europe and now you’re one cultured motha f***a.
- You had pink hair once. It was dip dyed and you were such a rebel.
- You may have even had the whole thing pink once.
- Or blue. But, either blue or pink. Any other color was just asking too much from you.
- You catch yourself telling people that the jeans you ripped by accident are actually from Urban Outfitters.
- You do actually enjoy hip television, especially British TV shows. Even if they are only “The Only Way is Essex” or “Dr. Who”.
- You remember Katy Perry during her Warped Tour years, so it’s fine that you sometimes play “Firework” in your bedroom and cry because of its motivational underlying themes.
- Ke$sha used to be underground too, ya know. Actually, she's still pretty damn underground (the haters just don't get it).
- You enjoyed being a vegetarian for a year, but now have succumbed to fast food chicken and burgers, because let’s face it, it’s not hip to spend money on food.
- You, however, will spend the extra money to shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s because it’s just fun to walk around the store.
- But usually, you just walk into store for bread and brie, because having good taste in fancy cheese really defines you as a sorta hipster person. Plus you can buy wine there too.
- When it comes to going out, you can be the life of the party or the grandma of your friend group. It depends solely on the level of pre-game and how hardcore the squad goes.
- Your pre-game is also a bottle of wine or tequila. There is no in between. Sometimes you will drink them at the same time.
- This goes for your taste in coffee too. You are equally as happy with gas station coffee, as you are with the latte, skim milk, double shot caramel, espresso concoction.
- You’ve become well aware that you’re the, “i’m going to be the world’s most profound thinker ever” drunk. So hip, it’s painful.
- Or if it’s a really rough night, you become the, “I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY I’M CRYING DRUNK!” So basic it hurts, man.
- You know how to shmoney, but you don’t do it because you’ll just embarrass yourself. But it doesn’t stop you from playing Shmurda by yo’self and loving it.
- This also goes for bachata because no matter what dance it is, you are one graceful master of it. Unless, it’s the dougie because c’mon no one can move their legs like that. You will actually break your legs if you try to “break ‘em.”
- Even though you’re one big ball of personality traits, it mixes together to become fun loving and well, hipster-ish.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax