This time of year while everyone else is walking around with their sun-kissed skin or hitting the tanning salon to get some extra bronzing, there's a whole society of pale girls who just flip through fashion magazines and think, "I wonder what it would be like to not look like an albino." Paleness isn't a choice, though. It's something we were born with. And try as we might, it's just not something we can easily change.
That's why most pale girls manage to develop a pretty thick -- albeit incredibly fair -- skin. We don't look like J-Lo or the Kardashian sisters, but that's okay. We have our own special charm. Pale girls unite!
- Sometimes you have to scrap a group photo because everyone looks great, except your face is so white and washed out, it looks like you took a selfie with the moon.
- People commenting on our paleness is just an everyday occurrence.
- So is people asking if you feel all right.
- You have to be careful about wearing too much black. It's easy to look vampire-y.
- Sun hats are not a fashion statement. They're a necessary tool for survival.
- Not that you haven't tried to tan before.
- One horrible sunburn was all it took to make you abandon that dream forever.
- When the Twilight movies came out, you were just like, "Yeah, I've been pale since before it was cool to be pale."
- You sometimes have a hard time finding a shade of foundation that's light enough for you.
- And when you blush over something embarrassing, there's no hiding it whatsoever.
- Pale celebs like Lorde and Emma Stone give you hope for the future, though.
- You went through a phase where you tried all the self-tanning products you could find.
- None of them work.
- Your mom still reminds you to always wear sunscreen because you're so fair.
- In fact, you probably even have sunscreen as part of your everyday makeup routine.
- You might even be an expert on which brands of moisturizer have sunscreen in them. (The more you know!)
- For Halloween you once went as Wednesday from the Addams Family. Not because you particularly like the Addams Family. Because you look like her.
- Because you're so fair, every little blemish or break-out shows up on your face like a neon sign when you get them.
- And when you wear a swimsuit during the summer, your ghostly white skin will probably blind a few folks.
- You could close your eyes and take a selfie and people might actually think you're dead.
- That's okay though, because someday pale people might take over the world. I mean, have you seen Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones?
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax