Shitty days are inescapable, and while I would be sorry for that, I find that they are rather incredible perspective builders. If you are feeling down and out right now, there are a few things that you should keep in mind…
- There are a plethora of articles that will tell you “it gets better” (including this one) but I want to tell you that you don’t have to look on the bright side immediately. Be pissed off, be cynical, drink too much whiskey…
- …Just know that eventually you’ll have to look for a silver lining or else you will be a perpetual mess, and that won’t help your case whatsoever.
- Yes, it can get worse, and yes, it will be worse on another given day…
- …But that also means that it can get better, and it will be better on another given day.
- You don’t have to have it all together. Having it all together is for people who are incredible at lying to others and to themselves.
- Figuring things out is the most frustrating thing in the world, but god dammit it feels good once you start putting the pieces together.
- Punch a pillow, scream until your throat hurts, angrily write nonsense words in a journal: expressing yourself will automatically makes things an ounce better.
- At least you escaped the fate of giving money to Bernie Madoff… If you didn’t escape that fate, then I am so sorry for bringing that up, but hey, at least you are a part of American history!
- There are endless videos of cute babies and animals (and baby animals) on YouTube – I dare you to watch one and not smile.
- Going back to the whole “it can worse,” concept, there are many people who are living their lives without 90% of your resources, so you’ve got that going for you. This is not to guilt trip you, but instead to bring light to how lucky you are and how grateful you should be.
- When in doubt, stop everything you are doing, breathe deeply and drink a cold beer.
- You don’t need to know everything, have everything or be everything – be proud of what it is you do know, what you do have and who you are: it’s plenty and it’s awesome.
- There has to be somebody out there who is willing to give you his or her Netflix account info… so don’t worry, all hope is not lost.
- Pizza can be delivered to your door: life is good.
- Plug in some headphones and escape from the world... it will make your bad day disappear for a while.
- If teenage girls around the world can get over the fact that Zayn left One Direction, then you can get through this tough time in your life, as well.
- I want to punch myself in the face for writing that last reminder, but seriously, those girls thought of Zayn as their Paul McCartney. What if Paul had left The Beatles in their peak? Exactly.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax