Law & Order: SVU is the type of tv show franchise you just have to watch. It's the type of tv show that sucks you in and next thing you know you're binge watching every season. I remember those nights where I’d watch Law & Order: SVU with my roommates. We'd laugh, gasp, and sometimes be close to tears. And in remembering those nights obsessing over this tv show, I’ve noticed the stages of watching Law & Order: SVU
- Reciting the epic introduction of Law & Order: SVU . In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories…*DING DING!*
- The guess-who’s-the-victim. Usually in the first scene of Law & Order: SVU. They’ll find the victim somewhere in a park or warehouse, but if not, you’ve probably guessed who the victim would be if it wasn’t obvious. Ironically, it’s usually the one who looks kind of obvious.
- Admiring Olivia Benson...because duh, she's the Law & Order: SVU bad ass queen.
- The eye candy detective. We all miss Stabler, but if I could watch Nick Amaro be a smart ass and speak Spanglish all day, I would.
- The actor who’s trying too hard. I get it, getting an acting gig in Law & Order: SVU must be the shit, but there’s always that one actor who takes their 20 minutes of fame way too seriously by over dramatizing everything from eating to crying. You can even catch the main actor's side-eying them (usually the eye candy one).
- Catching detectives eye-f*cking each other. There’s always those little moments after finding a lead in a case, where you catch the detectives sinking into each other’s eyes and wonder whether they’re sharing the same thought or just fantasizing about each other. Could be both.
- The Law & Order: SVU holy shit moment…where you suddenly realize the twist in the case and who did it. In some Law & Order: SVU episodes, there's another holy shit moment after the previous one.
- The incredibly annoying lawyer. It’s either the DA who woke on the wrong side of the bed or the defense lawyer who becomes the spawn of satan.
- The stressful courtroom scene...where you understand why the detectives have a drink before and after it.
- The yell at your TV moment. Usually during the courtroom scene.
- The “awwww” moment at the end. It could either be “you got me again, Dick Wolf” or “What the fuck, Dick Wolf?” depending on the episode.
If you're a fan of Law & Order: SVU , you can totally relate to these stages while watching the show. Whenever you click on that next episode, you already know Law & Order: SVU is about to take you on a roller coaster of emotions and you will love every minute of it. After all, it's one
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax